Tech Integration for Busy Teachers
Learning Sites for Kids (and Teachers)
- Kidsreads.com – A great place to find out about your favorite author, new releases, and book reviews too!
- CyberGuides – Great supplementary, standards-based, web-delivered units of instruction centered on core works of literature.
- The Children’s Literature Web Guide – Internet resources related to books for children and young adults
- FableVision Place – A “fabulous” multimedia “place” for kids to explore!
- Kids@Random – Literature features abound on a major publisher’s Web site.
- Merriam-Webster Online – Site features on-line Dictionaries, a Thesaurus, Word Games, a Word of the Day, and lots more!
- Wordsmyth – With a word list of over 50,000 words, an integrated thesaurus, and a clear, comprehensive style of displaying words, The Wordsmyth Dictionary/Thesaurus is a great site to bookmark!
- Where do words come from? – Find out from this BBC site!
- Writers’ Window – This site publishes student poetry, reviews, research papers, and short stories.
- American Folklore – This site hosts a collection of folktales with one or more from each of the 50 U.S. states.
- Children’s Storybooks Online – A collection of online storybooks for children of all ages.
- Mighty Book – The mission of Mighty Book is to promote “Literacy, Creativity and the Power of Reading.” It offers online books, videos, music and more.
- Web-Pop On-Line Books – Web-Pop Books, created by author Stephen Cosgrove, offers a variety of online and printable books for elementary students.
- The World of Beverly Cleary – The site with the most-est on this beloved author.
- Listen & Write – The British Broadcasting Corporation presents Listen & Write, an interactive site that makes creative writing fun.
- Poetry Express – Activities, tips, and techniques for new poets or experienced.
- Writing With Writers – Part of the larger Scholastic site, Writing With Writers provides an excellent resource for writing.
- Dance Mat Typing – Learn to type at this BBC website.
- Scholastic News for Kids
- Time for Kids
- Kids News Room
- BBC for Kids
- Yahoo! Kids
- Graphing – Create-a-Graph
- Math Games – Really cool games to help you master your math facts
- The Math Page – This is a really great site from Manhattan Community College
- A+ Math – This site is great fun for third graders and up
- Math Dictionary for Kids – Great math dictionary for kids
- DiscoverySchool.com Worksheet Maker – A super way to make math worksheets.try it!
- Aunty Math – Aunty Math presents math challenges that encourage thinking skills for students in grades K-5.
- Clocks . Teaching Time – This resource, produced by the Franklin Institute Online Fellows, takes an educational look at timepieces in the collection of the Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Cool Math – Cool Math is “designed for the pure enjoyment of mathematics.” This interactive site features games, puzzles, calculators, and lesson plans.
- Harcourt Animated Math Glossary – This is a complete online dictionary of math terms.
- Math.com: The World of Math Online – Math.com: The World of Math Online is chock full of everything to do with math from the most basic to advanced topics. It includes homework help, calculators, games, practice, and much more.
- Teach R Kids Math – This site provides online interactive math practice that covers a range of topics from simple to advanced for elementary school children.
- AAA Math – Hundreds of pages of basic math skills to more advanced challenges.
- BBC Math – Math game wheel.
- Polygon Playground – All about polygons!
More Math Sites Galore!
COOL SCIENCE SITES:
COOL INSECT LIFE CYCLE SITES:
COOL STAYING HEALTHY SITES:
- Food Pyramid – Fun, healthy activities!Kids Health-Health for kids!
- Dole 5 a Day – Highly interactive site from Dole Foods encourages kids to eat well.
- Nutrition Cafe – This site offers students the opportunity to learn about nutrition in a fun, interactive way.
- Nutrition Explorations – This site provides teachers, food-service professionals, and students with information and resources about nutrition, the Food Guide Pyramid, and healthful living.
- Healthy Teeth – Oral health education database.
- No Cavities Club – The No Cavities Club is a site dedicated to healthy teeth. Dr. Bunny teaches children about oral hygiene with interactive games, stories, and art projects.
- The Food Guide Pyramid – The Food Guide Pyramid was designed as an easy way to show the groups of foods that make up a healthy diet.
- Sleep For Kids – Teaching kids the importance of sleep from the National Sleep Foundation
A Village Called Earth
Where in the World
Your website is a great resource! I’m starting to think about preparing for the fall, so I will definitely be using your site a lot in the coming months.
Just thought I’d write to suggest another site that I just discovered. My students love books, I’m excited to work picture books into my lessons. The site is:
I didn’t see it on the site so I thought I’d let you know about it.
Thanks again for the great resource. I’m actually starting to feel excited for back to school (mid-August where I live).
Hi Lisa. Thanks for the comment and the site suggestion.
I found you on Classroom 2.0 and spent some time looking at your blog today. Very impressive! Nice work!
Thanks for stopping by Eric.
I enjoyed reviewing your list of educational sites. I’d like to recommend another site that my students enjoy using called ‘Roy the Zebra.’ http://www.roythezebra.com There are several interactive games on the site that kids enjoy playing while learning.