Tech Integration for Busy Teachers
COOL SCIENCE SITES
- Discovery Channel Science Search — Terrific way to search for science information. Depending on age level, there is also Discovery Kids.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy — Great site if you are thinking of doing a science project
- My Reference Desk – Science — Dozens of science sites to visit…a real gold mine
- Eric’s Treasure Trove of Scientific Biography — Want information on any scientist?
- BrainPOP (Science) — Great science site for elementary school students
- Science Homework Helper — Great information on any science subject from Fact Monster
- Raders Science Subjects — A must see science site from Kapili.com
- National Geographic for Kids — Great overall resource
- Edheads-Activate YOUR Mind! (Simple Machines) – EdHeads helps students learn through educational games and activities designed to meet state and national standards (US). Students can learn about simple and compound machines, how to predict the weather, perform virtual knee surgery, and even create a stem cell line.
- Animal Diversity Web – Nice site from the University of Michigan for students to find information about the Kingdom Animalia.
- Cells Alive – Learn more about Cell Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Microscopy. There are also some great interactives, galleries, and videos.
- Science Fair Central – From Discovery Education, project ideas, virtual labs, and tons of resources.
- Science for Kids – Learn more about the amazing world of science by checking out fun science experiments, cool facts, online games, free activities, ideas, lesson plans, photos, quizzes, videos & science fair projects.
- Kinetic City – boasts that they have “the most amazing collection of science experiments, games, activities, challenges, and more.” Along with a pretty solid set of science related games, there are also have hands-on games and activities, mind games, and activities for creative writing and art. Kids will really dig the interface.
COOL INSECT LIFE CYCLE SITES
COOL STAYING HEALTHY SITES
- Food Pyramid – Fun, healthy activities, and information about the updated food pyramid.
- Kids Health – Health for kids!
- Dole 5 a Day – Highly interactive site from Dole Foods encourages kids to eat well.
- Nutrition Cafe – This site offers students the opportunity to learn about nutrition in a fun, interactive way.
- Nutrition Explorations – This site provides teachers, food-service professionals, and students with information and resources about nutrition, the Food Guide Pyramid, and healthful living.
- Healthy Teeth – Oral health education database.
- No Cavities Club – The No Cavities Club is a site dedicated to healthy teeth. Dr. Bunny teaches children about oral hygiene with interactive games, stories, and art projects.
- The Food Guide Pyramid – The Food Guide Pyramid was designed as an easy way to show the groups of foods that make up a healthy diet.
- Sleep For Kids – Teaching kids the importance of sleep from the National Sleep Foundation